What is the true meaning of Fashion?
To delineate fashion is actually a difficult job, as it differs from person to person. For some, fashion may be a popular or latest style of clothing, accessory, decoration etc. I believe fashion is something which you can carry with ease and feel comfortable in whatever you are wearing. Fashion isn’t about divulging your body; you can equally look beautiful and fashionable in covered dresses. Fashion is something which comes from within. If you are happy and positive, it reflects on your face that adds charm to your personality. That’s how you are ready to hit the road in style and yes that is one of the ways to look fashionable.
Thus, wear what you like, in which you are comfortable and what you can carry well!
So this was all about what we mean by fashion. So here I’ll give you an insight to “PARIS”, the fashion capital of the world.
Why Paris’ is still the Fashion Capital of the World?
Paris has been ruling the high seas of fashion for more centuries. During this time it has engrossed the world’s foremost designers and apparently imbued citizens with an intrinsic sense of style. Paris still claims its title of world’s fashion capital. Here’s why:
Bikini Oh yes! You read it right, bikini was invented in Paris by the French automobile engineer Louis Reared and fashion designer Jacques Heim in 1946. The bikini embodies French style in its timeless glory.
Little Black Dress: Commonly known as LBD, which is a short and adaptable garment is considered to be an essential in every woman’s wardrobe was invented in Paris by COCO CHANEL in the 1920s.
Haute Couture: The notion of Haute Couture (‘high sewing’ or ‘high dressmaking’ or ‘high fashion’) was invented in Paris.
Best Designers and places: The world’s best designers have always operated from Paris. It is the headquarters of Rochas,Vuitton,Chanel,Dior, Hermes,YSL etc.
Fashion Do's and Don'ts
Every day you’re going to be exposed to fashion dos and don’ts. There are critics in every corner and on every soap box. I will be the first person to ask you to not listen to that babble. Do yourself a favour and overlook them. We’re constantly being told not to wear this because it will make us look stout or not to wear a certain colour because it’s not good for our skin tone. Frankly this is not the definition of fashion. So here are some of the tips which you should keep in mind.
1. Don’t be afraid to break the “fashion rules”, because rules are meant to be broken.
2. Don’t be shy to wear bright colours and bold prints. Be bold and beautiful.
3. Do wear bright white, as you can never go wrong with white.
4. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
5. Do wear stripes, horizontally or vertically and it suits all body types.
6. Don’t criticize what other women are wearing.
7. Do mix n match. Wear a polka dot tank top with your floral dress.
8. And the last but not the least you should always wear that SMILE on your face in order to look perfect!
Fashion according to the season
When we talk about seasons, SPRING is the season which we all love. So here are some fashion tips regarding this season:
1. BELT IT- Just add a showy belt and standout from the crowd.
Wear animal prints, without feeling farcical, it always adds that sexiness and classy look to your personality.
2. LBD- While a little black dress looks fabulous when worn solo, pair it up with some cool accessories and a high pony tail.
3. Mini Denim- A white denim mini always looks fresh and when paired with a cool shirt and you’re ready to rock.
4. Bring on the Brights- Beat the cold by donning hot shades and other bold and sassy colours.
1. Summer and Crop Tops go hand in hand, this is a must have element for summers.
2. A floral dress, is a must have for the summers. It gives a fresh and soothing look.
3. A maxi Dress is also a must have, it always looks perfect for a dinner date or a brunch paired with a gladiator or a platform.
4. The LYD (Little Yellow Dress) has been a summer staple for years.
1. DO try long coats, if it is really cold, the best one is compactly fitted coat which will make you look taller.
2. Don’t forget to balance a long coat with high-heeled boots.
3. Black top, Leather jacket and slightly rugged denim is perfect for winters.
4. A printed Dress and a Blazer and booties, yes you’re ready to flaunt that style.
Lastly, whatever you’re wearing, you should be comfortable, and carry it with a confidence and yes don’t forget to put on that smile, and there you go.
STAY HAPPY AND FASHIONABLE.